DOLs Regulatory Agenda for OSHA Includes Construction Rules
The Department of Labor (DOL) recently released its semi-annual Regulatory Agenda, and it includes numerous proposed items that will impact the construction industry. Key items include the following:
- Issuance of a final rule on confined space in construction.
- Action regarding exposure to crystalline silica is in the proposed rule stage.
- A final rule revising its hazardous communication rule to incorporate an international system for classification and labeling.
- Revisions to the underground construction and demolition standards with respect to cranes and derricks.
The following items are in the pre-rule stage:
- Injury and illness prevention program (I2P2);
- Reinforced concrete in construction;
- Preventing backover injuries and fatalities.
CAWP will continue to monitor the progress of these regulatory items and the potential effect on employers.